During its early years, the church was a part of numerous Evangelical circuits, beginning as a class led by George and Barbara Hartman, Pennsylvania Evangelical Converts of Jacob Albright. The Hartmans took up residence in 1833 just one and half miles east of where the present Scott Trinity UMC now stands.
In 1959-62, the Trinity Evangelical United Brethren Church was incorporated. By action of he 1962 session of the Ohio Sandusky Conference, the church became a station and was given a new name. Scott Trinity, by vote of the congregation. The congregation was assigned its first full-time minister in 1962 and the first pastor moved into the new parsonage in 1964. In April 1968, the Evangelical United Brethren and Methodist Churches in America were merged and Scott Trinity United Brethren Church became Scott Trinity United Methodist Church.
Scott Trinity was returned to a two-point charge in 1969 when there was a shortage of ministers in the conference. In 1971 it joined a four-church parish which shared one full-time and a part-time pastor until 1976 when the Northeast Parish ceased to exist and Scott Trinity again became a station, this time with a student pastor. Student pastors served the congregation until 1985 when the congregation voted in favor of a full-time minister. In 1988 the district superintendent asked the congregation to return to a student charge, assigning Rev. Gustavus Christo-Baker from Sierra Leone, Africa, to the congregation.
Pastors who have served the congregation wince the last church pictorial directory was published in 1974 are:
- 1973-1976: Owen K. Wright, Herbert Helsel
- 1976-1979: Thomas Culberson
- 1979-1980: Lester “Sparky” Sessoms, Jr.
- 1980-1981: no pastor (1 1/2 years)
- 1981-1983: Robert D Wright
- 1983-1988: Robert S. Iddings
- 1988-2004: Gustavus Christo-Baker
- 2004-2010: Susan St. Peter
- 2010-2015: Kay A. Hatch
- 2015-2018: Marla Brown
- 2018-present: Steve Colon